Here are the results this month:
- Walk: didn’t check runkeeper as I know most of my walks didn’t get tracked
- Bike: Guess I won’t be getting one this year after all
- Read: 6 books (3 romances, 3 ya sci-fi)
- Crochet: 2 more hats plus made progress with my ‘boxy’ amigurumi project
This update is late. Not feeling the blogging mojo lately. Or rather, I’m getting much more engagement when I micro-blog and don’t seem to have the time resources to put up the content here that I’d like to. Perhaps when I return to my desk job, that’ll improve? Or maybe not, who knows?
- Walk 23km (probably more . . . since blasting my goal to dust I’ve been less motivated to track every walk)
- Bike 0
- Buy a bike – probably won’t at this point as it just hasn’t materialized yet. If certain things fall in to place, then it’ll become a definite priority again. But, there are still giant wild cards in the air.
- Wheel of Time – very little audio of any kind and I’m mostly listening to podcasts instead. This may change depending on commute situation this fall.
- Read 7 books! The key is YA and romance which both tend to be shorter, quicker reads.
- Sew 0 – Machine has yet to be set up. Christmas presents are in danger of falling through cracks now people!
- Crocheted a diaper cover and a couple of hats. Plus, I started work on my first self-designed amigurumi project, code name: Boxy. If it turns out well, I’d like to type up the pattern here on my blog. If I have time.
June felt like a really great month for me. I’ve been feeling especially fit and creative, though not particularly organized.
Walk: 62.4 km
Buy a bike 0 / I did ride Benevolance’s 1.5 km
Wheel of Time: 0
Read: 3 books
Crochet: 2 hats, finished kitten, 30% done diaper cover
I’m feeling hopeful that once we get the lab set up I’ll be making even more progress on the sewing and crocheting. There is a yoga challenge I’m following on Instagram this month (though I’m not posting photos doing yoga quite yet). I’m also hopeful that I’ll find time to see to a few appointments and get some much needed shopping done (bike and clothing).
My reading might slow down next month as there is a nonfiction book I’d like to read. Plus I wasn’t really feeling it for the current book I’m reading, so it’s been slow going.
How is your summer going so far?
Walk 25.6 km. There have been a lot more ‘toddler-speed’ walks with Locutus on his feet instead of the stroller. It’s nice that he’s slowly learning to listen and be safe, but we definitely don’t go as far. Plus I’ve been forgetful and simply didn’t track a few, or forgot to stop tracking when we got home.
I’m already over 80% of my annual goal having walked 128km out of 156km. I’d say that my total would help inform next year’s goal but I’ll be back at a desk job instead of running around with my kids then. I’m thinking next year might be a ‘yoga every damn day’ challenge though.
Buy a bike and kid trailer 1/2 – someone saw that we meant to get a bike trailer on Facebook and they were meaning to sell theirs so everything just kind of fell together nicely. Once I get a bike for myself I’m hoping to get even more adventures going with the kids this summer!
Wheel of Time 0
Read 1 book. (But it was book 5 of Game of Thrones.) I’ve read 14 out of my 50 book total. Benevolance just picked up and read Scott Westerfeld’s ‘Uglies’ series and I’ve picked up a bunch of new ebooks as well. Looking forward to jumping in as soon as my Game of Thrones rest period is over. (Sometimes you need a break after reading a certain book/series, ya know?)
Crochet – 90% done with a white kitten amigurumi for Locutus. Then I may need to start making some diaper covers for Bean.
Buy a bike and kid trailer 0
Wheel of Time 0
Read 3 books
Another really slow month. We’re hoping to get the craft room set up soon and then hopefully I’ll get a chance to do some sewing. I actually did more walking than this, but didn’t track a few and had a few technical difficulties.
The photo has no bearing on this post, I just thought the doorknobs made an interesting shot.
I’m even more pleased with my progress in March, especially considering we were moving too!
Walked 45 km
Read – 2 books and working on 2 more. Haven’t yet read an autobiography or listened to any more audiobooks.
Crocheted 1 non-amigurumi project
I’m sure certain things will slow down for a while now that we’ve got the fun unpacking stuff to do.
Walked: 20 km
Wheel of Time audiobooks: n/a until the computer with the audio files gets unpacked in April
Books read: 1 – Emma by Jane Austen
Sewn: 0 until April in the new house
Half the month we were still in super-clean house-for-sale mode. I’m really pleased with how much walking we’ve done though! Looking forward to getting back to sewing and crocheting though!